Saturday, April 26, 2008

April 25, 2008- No Truce, The Wrath, Pressure Point, Grave Maker, Wolves and Thieves, Masterpiece, Ill Intent

We got to Santa Cruz really early and we walked around the boardwalk and downtown for a bit. Mike got fries and a vegan milk shake from Saturn cafe. It was a little too pricey for me and my budget so me and Cam Brown went across the street to Taco Bell. After we ate we found the venue and then walked back to the beach to meet up with everyone else. On the way there we thought we saw Jake from II but it was just some dude who looked like him. We went back to the van and drove to the venue. Everyone went to a huge record store and spent their money
on some new jams.

The venue was inside of an Indian food place. You opened the door in the back and it went I into a huge room. It was like a dance hall or something and there were mirrors on the wall.

Ill Intent opened and it was awesome. The same mosh fest. We have been having mini-competitions like who will sing a whole song with their pinky up on the mic, or the main one who can do most guitar jumps in one song. I think mike is winning with 23. We played 2nd and it was a pretty good set. Our friend sean drove out to the show from Sacramento. We are staying with him tonight. After we played we all took a walk to 7-11 and saw goth girls. We got back just in time for Grave Maker. They now have sweet nirvana rip off shirts. I missed PP and The Wrath but I heard that Brian Hong Kong got moshed in the face. I watched no truce and they were pretty good.

After the show me, mike, Cam and wade stayed in a college dorm and kids were partying all night. At 3:30 am the fire alarm went off. Totally bogus. I didnt bother to get up but wade went outside with only his jeans on and froze his ass off. I was trying to smash the fire alarm off the kids ceiling with a golf club but kevin woke up and stopped me.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: