Wednesday, September 3, 2008

August 8, 2008- Masterpiece, AYS, Golden District, Get Lost


We drove for like 13 hours and got to Nantes, France but they were having trouble finding the venue. We pretty much drove through every street. I was sitting by the sliding door and kept opening it up and yelling at french people. At one point we threw water and nuts at the other van. Gummi (AYS) spit at me at one point so when we got to the venue I chased him with potatoe salad. The venue was pretty cool, it was a bar that could hold about 300 people. Another show with a solid crowd. We went to the backstage room and ate some pizza and shit then shot the fire extinguisher down the stairs. The first band was ok, I was mostly trying to get some food so I missed part of their set. I saw them cover Stop and Think though. Golden District was next and they were really awesome live. My friend Vince sings for them and I know him from back in the USA. AYS played another awesome set and there was some moshing. We played last and had another awesome reaction. Notable moshers were a 47 year old guy who ruled, and some guy who looked like Todd Jones from the future. At the end of our set kids were going nuts for us to play more. We didn't know any more so they were booing us. We sold a bunch of merch so that ruled. I can't believe the reaction we have been getting and it has only been for 2 shows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LEEWAY! LEEWAY!

(whos the Todd Jones of the future? ahah)