Wednesday, September 3, 2008

August- 7, 2008- AYS, Masterpiece, Reaching Hand, Sink or Swim

The venue was tiny as shit. We got there really early and just chilled. We met the Sink or Swim kids and the rest of AYS. They brought awesome vegan gyros to us and I ate two of them. The show was nuts. 150 paid and they were only expecting 80. It was Sink or Swim's demo release show. They had a chick singer and sounded better live than on their myspace. Reaching Hand from Portugal was next and were really good, another band with a chick singer. We have 2 more shows with them on tour later on so that rules. We played next and got a unexpected huge reaction. Stage dives, moshing, singing along, who knew? This shit was crazy and actually made me feel like I have accomplished something. I don't think I have ever sweat so much during a show. AYS was last and were solid. Kids loved them. We laughed at EuroMosh but it was all good. Its like going back in time to the 90s. The stage dives were funny but at least the kids caught the divers and then crowd surfed them. I climbed some rigging shit and swung across into the mosh. Awesome show though.

No comments: